Pages

Monday, November 28, 2005

George Harrison, 1943-2001

Today, Tuesday 29 November 2005, marks the fourth anniversary of the death of George Harrison.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
George Harrison
1943-2001

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"While the years they come and go
Now, your love must surely show me
That beyond all time and space
We're together face to face, my Apple Scruffs

Apple Scruffs, Apple Scruffs
How I love you, how I love you"
- George Harrison, Apple Scruffs (1970)



"
I'm just blessed by God to have known him.
He had so much love in him. I realized it more with him gone that
he was just pure love. My daughter Adria used to visit him a lot in
England when she was over there. She would go and stay at Friar
Park. She was telling me the other night that one night they were
out walking in the garden and he goes, 'Oh, Adria, sometimes I just
wish I could turn into a light beam and go away.'
...
I would assure all his fans that George was just really as
beautiful as they pictured him. And maybe more."
- Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr. (2001)

Those looking for a way to honor George should think about making a donation to either George's Material World Foundation or the George Harrison Fund for UNICEF

0 comments:

The background image on this page is a Hebrew translation of the verse from Bob Dylan's song  It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), from which the title of this blog is taken. Translation courtesy of Yoram Aharon of Hod-HaSharon's page--found via YudelLine-- which has many Dylan lyrics in Hebrew.