Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Anguished Roaring

This is one that I wote close to a decade ago. It remains a favorite of mine, largely because it is very raw.

Anguished Roaring
by John W. Leys

My God, my God,
why have You abandoned me;
why so far from delivering me
and from my anguished roaring?
-Psalm 22:2(NJPS Translation)
Why have you abandoned me
And made me live my life alone?
Why have you forgotten me
In this place where the sun has never shone?

Why have you forsaken me
When all I wanted was to please you?
Why do you deny me
When you know that I need you?

What is the real reason
Behind the misery I now feel?
What do I do when my pain
Is all that I have that is real?

0 comments:

The background image on this page is a Hebrew translation of the verse from Bob Dylan's song  It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), from which the title of this blog is taken. Translation courtesy of Yoram Aharon of Hod-HaSharon's page--found via YudelLine-- which has many Dylan lyrics in Hebrew.