Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A New Life

New Life
For Justine

As I traveled, the path ahead seemed clear
I walked alone searching, yet not finding
A companion within the road windings.
Someone in the darkness to fight the fear
That wrapped my heart and drained me of my tears.
Many promises made; few still binding.
A mask pretends a heart is not minding
Liars and thieves, though the cost is so dear

But the moment before all hope is lost,
A hand offered to dust away the strife.
A soul so warm to thaw a frozen heart,

Ne'er asking what, to her, would be the cost
To risk her soul to save my broken life
So a new life together we can start

14 Dec 2008


----------------
Now playing: The Beatles - Something
via FoxyTunes

0 comments:

The background image on this page is a Hebrew translation of the verse from Bob Dylan's song  It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), from which the title of this blog is taken. Translation courtesy of Yoram Aharon of Hod-HaSharon's page--found via YudelLine-- which has many Dylan lyrics in Hebrew.