Pages

Monday, April 30, 2007

Hello, I Must Be Going...

As many of you know, I will be leaving New York City in a few weeks (Check here for the reasons why). Next Sunday, 6 May 07, a few friends and I are getting together for a going-away-party type thing in Queens, since this will be my penultimate weekend in NYC. As part of our festivities we will be attending the weekly Open Mic Night at the Vox Pop coffee-house in Brooklyn @ 7:00 pm. Admission is free, but there is a 2 drink minimum. The mic in question is open to "poets, musicians, comedians, and artists!" We've been before and had a wonderful time. Consider this an open invitation to join us! Even if you don't take the stage yourself, you'll have the chance to see us embarrass ourselves publicly (Which sadly isn't a rare event!!)



I hope to see you there!

1 comments:

Intergalactic Stacey said...

I wish you the best of luck. Will you still be updating this blog? I can understand you wanting to make change. Too much school is never a good thing. Getting burned out is really discouraging, but remember that it's best to follow your heart.

You're going to be leaving NYC soon and I will be visiting it for the first time in my life in July! That's a shame because maybe we could have met each other. :(

The background image on this page is a Hebrew translation of the verse from Bob Dylan's song  It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), from which the title of this blog is taken. Translation courtesy of Yoram Aharon of Hod-HaSharon's page--found via YudelLine-- which has many Dylan lyrics in Hebrew.