Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2007

My New Toy

As my guru George Harrison often said, you can never have too many ukuleles! I recently picked up this vintage (circa 1940s) "British Made BH&S Melody-Uke" banjo uke down at a little shop in the Village. I've been wanting a banjo uke/banjulele for quite a while & couldn't resist this baby when I saw it. Its a little beat up, but plays like a dream. As one would expect with a banjo head on it the sound is much louder and brasher than a normal ukulele. Its a sound that some uke enthusiasts don't care for, but I think it sounds great (But I've been told I have questionable taste in music ;) )

The background image on this page is a Hebrew translation of the verse from Bob Dylan's song  It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), from which the title of this blog is taken. Translation courtesy of Yoram Aharon of Hod-HaSharon's page--found via YudelLine-- which has many Dylan lyrics in Hebrew.