Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Stop Hurting People

This has always been one of my favorite Pete Townshend Lyrics:

"A love born once must soon be born again
A spark that burned, then died, leaving cinders to be fanned
By the wind and thrown flame
Flames like tongues impassioned in a moments burst.
Tell me my friend, why do you stand aloof from your own heart?...

Love conquers poses, love smashes stances,
Love crushes angels into black
So you, without question, know your first love is your last.
And you will never, you'll never, you'll never love again...

May I be matched with you again
I know the match is bad
But, God help me,
Without your match there is no flame..."
- from "Stop Hurting People" on All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes (1982)

0 comments:

The background image on this page is a Hebrew translation of the verse from Bob Dylan's song  It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), from which the title of this blog is taken. Translation courtesy of Yoram Aharon of Hod-HaSharon's page--found via YudelLine-- which has many Dylan lyrics in Hebrew.