Pages

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

George Harrison (1943-2001)

29 November 2006 marks the fifth anniversary of the death of ukulele enthusiast George Harrison (oh, he was also in a band of some sort back in the 60s...)

George Harrison



"There was never a time when I did not exist, nor you.

Nor will there be any future when we cease to be."

- from the Bhagavad Gita






אני הלך אליו והוא לא־ישוב אלי



”I shall go to him, but he will never return to me”

- 2 Samuel 12.23






"There'll come a time when all of us must leave here

Then nothing sister Mary can do

Will keep me here with you

As nothing in this life that I've been trying

Could equal or surpass the art of dying


Do you believe me?"

-from "The Art of Dying" by George Harrison



Those looking for a way to honor George should think about making a donation to either George's Material World Foundation or the George Harrison Fund for UNICEF



0 comments:

The background image on this page is a Hebrew translation of the verse from Bob Dylan's song  It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), from which the title of this blog is taken. Translation courtesy of Yoram Aharon of Hod-HaSharon's page--found via YudelLine-- which has many Dylan lyrics in Hebrew.