Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Endless Wire

This week The Who (or what's left of 'em) released thier first studio album in 24 years. As a longtime fan I was very excited about this release, which I honestly never thought I'd live to see. I was not disapointed. This is a great album. It contains some great Townshend compositions and great musical performances. Given the reduced number of original Who members, one could make the argument that this more closely resembles a Pete Townshend solo project with guest vocals by Roger Daltrey, but whatever description you choose, its a great album.

There are sure to be the whiney, bitchy naysayers who claim that it "doesn't sound like the 'old Who.'" To them I give this quote from Pete himself:

"This is not the old Who, we never said it would be. It is something else."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 comments:

The background image on this page is a Hebrew translation of the verse from Bob Dylan's song  It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), from which the title of this blog is taken. Translation courtesy of Yoram Aharon of Hod-HaSharon's page--found via YudelLine-- which has many Dylan lyrics in Hebrew.