Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2005

Top 10 Books of the Bible

Loren Rosson and Jim West have both listed thier Top Ten essential books of the Bible. The question Loren raised was if you could only preserve 10 Biblical books which ones would you save? I agree with Jim in that we should assume that "one book" should equal a traditional scroll-length.

Off hand my list would include:

  1. Genesis
  2. Exodus
  3. Numbers
  4. Leviticus
  5. Deuteronomy
  6. Isaiah
  7. Book of the 12
  8. Psalms
  9. Job
  10. Chronicles
If I have time later I may add justifications for my choices.

0 comments:

The background image on this page is a Hebrew translation of the verse from Bob Dylan's song  It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), from which the title of this blog is taken. Translation courtesy of Yoram Aharon of Hod-HaSharon's page--found via YudelLine-- which has many Dylan lyrics in Hebrew.