Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Readability Test

I learned of this test via Jim West. It tests the readability of a given website. My results were:

SummaryValue
Total sentences444
Total words2,240
Average words per Sentence5.05
Words with 1 Syllable1,439
Words with 2 Syllables445
Words with 3 Syllables266
Words with 4 or more Syllables90
Percentage of word with three or more syllables15.89%
Average Syllables per Word1.56
Gunning Fog Index8.38
Flesch Reading Ease70.02
Flesch-Kincaid Grade4.75

According to the Fog Index comparison table on the website, I rate between Readers Digest and a popular novel. Not bad I suppose.

0 comments:

The background image on this page is a Hebrew translation of the verse from Bob Dylan's song  It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), from which the title of this blog is taken. Translation courtesy of Yoram Aharon of Hod-HaSharon's page--found via YudelLine-- which has many Dylan lyrics in Hebrew.