Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

DSS Bibles in Hebrew

From Biblical Theology:

Readers may be interested to know that the Dead Sea Scrolls Bible (in Hebrew) is planned for publication the summer of 2005. Two years ago while at the CBA meeting in San Francisco, Eugene Ulrich mentioned (when I asked him if there were any plans for such a thing) that yes, indeed, there were. I had not thought of it again until a few days ago so I wrote him and sure enough, its in the works. Here is what he said: There will be two forms (I hope). One is THE QUMRAN BIBLE which is basically BHS but with (only those parts of) the text as preserved at Qumran (only). Probably by Oxford U. P. The second is THE BIBLICAL QUMRAN SCROLLS which is the transcriptions + variants (only) of all the biblical fragments as in DJD, in biblical order. Probably by Brill.

I am sure these volumes will become very significant and thus I feel certain that others would appreciate the "heads up" so they can watch for publication announcements.

0 comments:

The background image on this page is a Hebrew translation of the verse from Bob Dylan's song  It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), from which the title of this blog is taken. Translation courtesy of Yoram Aharon of Hod-HaSharon's page--found via YudelLine-- which has many Dylan lyrics in Hebrew.