Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2004

The Knob's Brain Freeze

From Plum Crazy:

I just watched ESPN’s 25 Biggest Sports Blunders of the last 25 years. Inexplicably, they let Chuck Knoblauch off the hook for his total brain freeze against the Indians in the 1998 ALCS. It can never be said often enough, even six years later: “Pick up the ball. Pick up the freaking ball!”
I would have to second that. While I did generally like Chuck "The Knob" Knoblauch as a player, just the memory of this moment makes my blood pressure rise. At the time I was close to having a stroke, so things have improved.

0 comments:

The background image on this page is a Hebrew translation of the verse from Bob Dylan's song  It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), from which the title of this blog is taken. Translation courtesy of Yoram Aharon of Hod-HaSharon's page--found via YudelLine-- which has many Dylan lyrics in Hebrew.