Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Its Simple to Remember. Why do we keep forgetting?

"Every person in the world should ask: why do I exist? Unfortunately, we live in a world with so many distractions that it is hard to find time to think. Life goes by whether we choose to contemplate or not. Either way there will be an accounting in the end. When we have reached old age, we will inevitably gaze back, having the time to sit and analyze our lives.

Did I do everything I wanted to do?
Did I marry the person I should have?
Did I produce the type of kids I had imagined?
Did I find happiness along the way?

Judaism contains a world of depth unknown to most of its people. Jews in our past chose brutal torture and death rather than pretending to convert to another religion, whereas today Jews are assimilating at numbers rivaling the holocaust. What is this fire that burned in the hearts of our ancestors? What is it about the Jew that has captured the world"


Explore the answer to that question at http://www.simpletoremember.com

0 comments:

The background image on this page is a Hebrew translation of the verse from Bob Dylan's song  It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), from which the title of this blog is taken. Translation courtesy of Yoram Aharon of Hod-HaSharon's page--found via YudelLine-- which has many Dylan lyrics in Hebrew.